This electric-hydraulic brake actuator lets you use an electric brake controller from inside your vehicle to adjust and control your trailer's hydraulic brakes. You enjoy convenience as you achieve greater braking control and performance.
• Responds to commands from in-cab electric brake controller (sold separately) to apply trailer brakes
• Activates trailer brakes when you apply brakes in tow vehicle
• Gives you greater control over your trailer's brakes than that provided by standard hydraulic actuators
• Faster response time
• Proportional braking for smooth, effective stops
• Quick adjustment when you change trailers or loads
• Overcomes problems associated with standard surge brake actuators
• No interference when you back up, even uphill - no more getting out of your vehicle to lock out brakes
• No brake drag or pushing sensation, which can occur with surge brakes when you drive downhill
• Improved safety - allows use of manual override feature that is included with most electric brake controllers, so you can engage the trailer brakes without having to apply your vehicle brakes
• Constructed of extruded aluminum to resist corrosion
• Includes built-in bleeder - lets you easily flush air out of your brakes
• Compatible with any standard breakaway kit
• Installs on trailer, connecting into trailer's wiring and hydraulic brake lines
• Made in the USA
• Application: single- or tandem-axle trailers with disc brakes
• Maximum output pressure: 1,600 psi ◦ Check with trailer brake manufacturer for pressure specifications
• Vehicle requires an in cab electric brake controller(sold separately)
• 7-Way, blade-style trailer connector mounted near the bumper
• Dimensions: 11-3/4" long x 3" wide x 7-3/8" tall
• 2-Year limited warranty
Constructed of tough, weatherproof extruded aluminum, the HydraStar electric-over-hydraulic brake actuator will give you years of trailer-stopping performance. The actuator installs on your trailer, then splices into its wiring and connects to its hydraulic brake line. Reacting to electric signals sent from your in-cab electric brake controller when you apply the brakes in your tow vehicle, the HydraStar applies pressure to the hydraulic system, thus activating the trailer's brakes. You get responsive hydraulic braking, which you control conveniently from inside your vehicle with your electric brake controller. The HydraStar actuator meets all Department of Transportation regulations and complies with CFR-393 federal braking requirements.
Note: Do not powerwash unit or take it through a commercial car wash. Not all electric brake controllers work with this hydraulic brake actuator. Certain models require the HydraStar control adapter module (HBA-CAM2; sold separately) to work with the HydraStar electric-over-hydraulic brake actuator. For best performance, it is recommended that you use an aftermarket electric brake controller rather than an OEM factory-installed controller.